When you own or run a business, litigation is one of the many hazards that you may face. It is essential to consult with your commercial lawyers for sound legal advice and find out what steps are needed to resolve all kinds of disputes quickly and prevent litigation that could be the ruination of your business. Taking out insurance to cover litigation is also essential, otherwise you could find yourself bankrupt.
Here are some of the causes of litigation that businesses face and tips to prevent it: –
- Accidental or intentional injury of a client or customer on the business premises. Prevention includes ensuring your workplace is safe for both customers and employees. Prompt dispute resolution practices should be instigated at the first sign of trouble.
- Accidental injury of an employee during the pursuit of his or her employment. Workplace injuries are a fact of life. You can help prevent them by adopting safe practices and training staff to do their work safely.
- Intentional injury by another worker on the premises. Another reason for dispute resolution strategies.
- Defamation of a client or an employee by the company. Watch what you say. People can get irritated and say things they don’t mean. People can become offended and sue.
- Sexual harassment by an employee or manager to an employee. Training staff how to behave properly should not be necessary – but it is.