Reviewed in this issue:
- On the Frontlines: Gender, War, and the Post-Conflict Process. By Fionnuala Ní Aoláin
- Civilian or Combatant?: A Challenge for the Twenty-First Century. By Anicée Van Engeland.
- Complicity and the Law of State Responsibility. By Helmut Philipp Aust.
- When International Law Works: Realistic Idealism After 9/11 and the Global Recession. By Tai-Heng Cheng.
- All the Missing Souls: A Personal History of the War Crimes Tribunals. By David Scheffer.
- This Side of Silence: Human Rights, Torture, and the Recognition of Cruelty. By Tobias Kelly.